I have a New Spiritual Command for you… CTRL + ALT + DELETE
- CONTROL yourself.
- ALTER yourself.
- DELETE everything else.
God is sovereign and He sits on the throne. We must understand that God is always in control, but He doesn’t always take control. For example. I’ve lost over 100 lbs. God didn’t make me gain all of that weight through the years. He let me eat as much junk as I wanted to. Just like He will not control how much of the negative news reports that you watch. He will not control how much time you spend with Him versus how much time you spend watching tv. God will let you scroll through social media for hours instead of making time for Him in prayer. God is always in control, but He doesn’t always take control. Why? Because He has given us the power of choice. He has given us the authority of dominion. Our lives are not out of our control. Your mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, and financial heath are all within your control. You have the power of CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
Let me give you some examples of CTRL + ALT + DELETE…
- God is in control, but He doesn’t always take control. He will not control someone else just for you. When someone shows you who they are… believe them and then do what you need to do with that information. Stay or walk away.
- God is in control, but He doesn’t always take control. He will not control how much food you eat. If you need to lose weight… eat healthier and exercise. No excuses.
- God is in control, but He doesn’t always take control. He will not control how much time you spend with Him. If you want to grow spiritually… be intentional about praying and reading your Bible.
- God is in control, but He doesn’t always take control. He will not control how you spend your money. He will let you carelessly spend as much of it as you’d like. If you want financial breakthrough… start making wiser financial decisions.
- God is in control, but He doesn’t always take control. He will not control how you spend your time. He will allow you to let your life get all out of balance. If you want peace of mind… start making choices that keep your life in balance and maintain your personal peace.
+ CONTROL yourself. 2 Timothy 1:7… “The Spirit God gave us does not make us afraid. His Spirit is a source of power and love and SELF-CONTROL.” You have control over your mind. You have control over balance in your life. You have control over the words you speak. You have control over your emotions and responses. Too many of us live our lives out of control. Stop letting your thoughts, emotions, unhealthy relationships, and bad choices control you. Take your life back!
+ ALTER yourself. Ephesians 4:24… “…put on the new self…” Romans 12:2… “…be transformed…” After you get control you are going to have to make changes. You must alter your thoughts. Alter your words. Alter your choices. Alter your time. Alter your relationships. Alter how you spend your money. Alter what you eat. Alter where you go. Alter what you watch. Alter what you read. Alter what you choose to be a part of. Change is a requirement for growth.
+ DELETE everything else. Philippians 3:13-14… “…Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead…” Delete anything that is a source of negativity. Delete anything that tries to take your peace or joy. Delete anything that tries to distract you. Delete anything that tries to disrupt you on your journey to meet that goal. Delete anything that tries to hold you back or stop you. Delete the negative conversations. Delete the broken and defeated thoughts. Delete the unnecessary. That might mean you need to get off of social media, or walk away from some relationships, or choose a different career path, or start doing things a different way.
Stop complaining. Stop making excuses. Stop tolerating and accommodating that which is robing you of joy and peace. Take control of your life. Alter what needs to be altered. Delete what needs to be deleted. Your future will be glad you did!